Enso Engine Developer Documentation
This folder contains the documentation for the implementation of the Enso programming language. The documentation is broken up by subject, within the below-listed categories, and each subject combines information about the design, specification, and implementation of the feature to which it pertains.
We provide a number of useful resources for getting a quick understanding of the Enso project:
- The Enso Philosophy: Information on the design philosophy behind Enso, and why we build things in the way we do.
- Contributing Guidelines: Information for people wanting to contribute to Enso (in many different ways).
- Community Code of Conduct: The code of conduct for members of our community, developers and users alike.
- Security Guidelines: Security guidelines for the Enso project, including supported versions and our vulnerability reporting process.
- Getting Enso: Instructions for how to get and run a copy of Enso.
It is broken up into categories as follows:
- Distribution: Information on how we distribute Enso to our users, and how Enso packages themselves work.
- Language Server: Information on the Enso language server, its protocol, and how it integrates with the runtime.
- Polyglot: Information on Enso’s polyglot functionality, and how it is integrated into the surface Enso language.
- RFCs: RFCs for Enso’s development and evolution.
- Runtime: Specification and documentation of the way that the Enso runtime is designed and implemented.
- Semantics: A specification of Enso’s semantics.
- Style Guides: Style guides for the code written as part of the Enso project.
- Syntax: A specification of Enso’s syntax.
- Types: A specification of Enso’s type system and type theory.
- Debugger: A specification of Enso’s debugger.
- Parser: Design and specification of the Enso parser.
- Infrastructure: Description of the infrastructure for building Enso.